Sunday, June 14, 2009

June Valentine by Sparkle Studio



Yes, the timing's a bit off, a Valentine in June? Perusing my small collection of vintage postcards and French chromos which I'll cover in a future post, I happened upon one of the few Valentines that I kept for myself all these years. It's a heart-shaped card, probably from the late 1930s, that's a bit tattered yet has retained its appeal to me. I scanned it and touched it up on the computer, and printed some out on photo paper. I ended up over the course of yesterday made a first edition series of 15 of these, adding red grosgrain ribbon, sequins & superfine glitter to blank cards made primarily from recycled cardstock. I was going to lay down a ground of thinner solid fabric but I'll surely be making more cards incorporating vintage textiles. Keep in mind that the wording which says "I'll tell the world you're my Valentine" is much clearer in person; each card is blank inside and will come with an envelope and in its own cello sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment