Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween 2009 in 3-D


It's been a month, and I must apologize to all the followers, present and future, for being absent for a month. We are pressing to get Sparkle Studio up and live online! Hang in there everyone, and keep the creative juices flowing! After watching a pumpkin carving contest on the Food Network, I decided to take a stab at a 3-D pumpkin design to help Keith and myself get into a festive Halloween spirit. We picked out a great white pumpkin, and because of it's exterior color I thought that a great design to start off my adventure would be a skull design. I got a bit of inspiration online, and dove right in. However, I realized that I would need one thing to do this right - a set of clay/sculpting tools! This first attempt at 3-D carving ended up fairly successful, enough so that kids that came by the house to trick or treat were too scared to come to the door for candy! Awww...






No comments:

Post a Comment